<$BlogRSDURL$>

3.18.2004


points for wit 

i got this message on nerve.com today:

Hi,

I may be too old,
(he is 39) and the wrong color, (he's another white guy) but I'm a serious theorist (and whistler) (on my profile i say that i'm an aspiring pro-whistler). I was seriously intrigued by your profile too.

You can find out about me and see more pictures of me here:

(insert URL)

This interview pretty much sums up my story of late. You can hear my music at (insert another URL). just do a search with my name: (insert FIRST and LAST NAME).

Also, there is my web site: (insert yet another URL)

I hope to hear from you.

E.

(insert personal email address)


so okay. at least he acknowledged that he's disregarding my profile, but at least the guy read it!!! i got another email from SBC. he told me that last year he made 35mm film and i asked about it. this must've really gotten him excited because he wrote a really long email about it and asked about the film that i'm writing. so, hey! we have something in common. i just don't know how long i can keep corresponding via email, though. it's getting a bit tedious having to do the electronic back and forth. i guess this is the modern-day version of pen pals. god, has society come to this? you go miles into knowing someone from the comfort of your own home. i get messages from match.com advertising "online speed dating." i guess you "meet and greet" on a virtual level at hurried increments of time. why? it's like take out fast food. whatever. i don't know how long this is going to last.