<$BlogRSDURL$>

3.17.2004


oh yeah, huh? 

i got another keeper of a message from match.com. it was--you guessed it--from yet another stupid white guy that literally--COULD NOT READ--that i'm only interested in MEN OF COLOR:

subject: HELLO

I read your profile and think we have alot in common. i would like the chance to get to know you better. If you would like to get to know me drop me a e-mail. I hope to hear from you soon.

E.


he was white/caucasian, 28 years old and a capricorn. first of all, for leos like me, capricorns are friends forever; lovers never. actually, this is third of all--first of all, was that he was white/caucasian! in what part of "MEN OF COLOR" did he actually envision himself to belong? now finally second of all, what in common did we have? oh, yeah. maybe, he's only interested in WOMEN OF COLOR. did he think that his senses are highly attuned to asian fetishism, like me? hmmmm...

as i was reading his message and then looking at his profile, i kept thinking, "doesn't anybody read anymore?" then, i read how "E" likes "travling" and that he was "loveab le." too bad, he wasn't "proofreadable." when i saw his unedited profile rush job, i realized, "why, of course he'd see my profile and think that we have a lot in common: no, he doesn't read; he doesn't even read his own profile to check it for mistakes."

online dating sucks.