<$BlogRSDURL$>

3.15.2004


i wrote the dude 

yeah yeah. so i sound like a surfer, but what the hell else am i gonna do? give the guy's real name? SBC finally emailed me back. (maybe my luck is turning around, or maybe he was doing the obligatory three-day wait thing). first thing i noticed. he capitalizes the first word of every sentence. when i see that in electronic correspondence, it weirds me out. my capitalization goes to shit. plus, aesthetically, it looks better without capitalizing every new sentence. he was curious about my work and said that my profile was "one of the more interesting" ones--and "interesting in a good way." huh. well, at least he was backing up a sister for being honest about her anti-40 year old white guy repellent message in her profile. btw, i toned down the message. i was afraid that match.com kept truncating my profile because they thought i was being a bit too harsh with my original message. so now, my profile says this:

PLEASE RESPECT that i only am interested in MEN OF COLOR between the AGES Of 27-35 and don't expect me to explain why, nor to respond to messages that ignore this. if you're a man of color or not, who is only looking for "Asian/Pacific Islander" women and you are NOT Asian or Pacific Islander, please do not send me messages because my senses are highly attuned to detecting asian fetishism, and i will not be interested.

but still... some mofo's ignore this. case in point: i got another wink from--you guessed it! another 40 year-old white guy. fuckheads! READ dammit! READ!!!

btw, i went to the mayan saturday night with, "angelica." now really, "angie," did you think i wouldn't know who posted that comment on my post? i'll write more about it later. this 23-year old developed a crush on me. i didn't have the heart to tell him that i was too old for him. but, at least he thought that i could pass for 20 years old. heh heh. SPF 30, i love ya!