<$BlogRSDURL$>

9.06.2004


the graveyard of online dating 

i forgot how i created a partial profile on metrodate.com months ago, just so i can peruse its membership and see if it was worth joining. in order to see past the first page of profiles, you need to register for an account. well, i did and it was sad. a majority of the members at the time hadn't logged on within 3 months. the cyberscene was dead. imagine walking into a singles bar and finding only nicely dressed corpses. it gave me the heebee geebees--and i don't mean that english band of brothers known for their body hair and disco grooves. that would be the bee gees.

since, i wasn't planning on using the service, i just filled out the bare minimum of information without posting a picture. i'm surprised how such a bare profile can still solicit messages from guys taking a gamble. i don't get it. to describe myself, i put the same one-liner that i put under the "about me" section of my blogger profile--which isn't much, if even anything.

without my picture, according to my profile, i look like this:



one guy wrote:

"hmm... well you caught my attention. I love nerds! :-P"

considering my initial opinion of metrodate was that it was a cyber graveyard, i feel these messages are reaching me like light from a star that was been dead for a million years. ok. maybe that was a stretch. i think i should pull down my profile.

btw, i haven't called mr. onion, yet. i'm a jerk.