<$BlogRSDURL$>

8.03.2004


i'm the one that i want! 

yeah... this entry is supposed to be my post-oprah transformational declaration of "i'm my own best friend!" i don't need someone to "complete me" blah, blah, blah. how empowering in a very white woman, lifetime channel way. yick. pass me the sweet and low.

i was going through my nerve.com messages and i found a message from this white guy who writes in his profile:

I think the whole expression "Men are dogs" got twisted around by idiot rap artists.

yeah, what rap artist? men were compared to dogs pre-hip hop revolution, so get it straight, white boy! he probably thinks that the shit that gets play on the radio and MTV/BET is real hip hop. whatever... i'm always suspicious of white people who are so readily dismissive of hip hop culture. particularly, because i question what "hip hop" they're listening to. is it a "white man threatened by black man" thing? this is shit that makes me never want to date a white guy. especially since i would be the one they'd have to fear the most about a person wanting to challenge and uproot white privilege--not the long line of bitter brown men in my family. "yeah, i want your seat on the bus, sucker!" i'm sure it has him knocking in his boots... or loafers. fortunately, nerve.com has this handy function... i BLOCKED his ass. now, he can't send me any more messages.

then, there's this other white guy who has repeatedly "winked" at me for the past 3 months. i have never responded to him because i clearly stated in my profile, "i prefer words over winking." apparently, he's missed that repeatedly when viewing my profile. that, and in specifying what ethnicities he prefers to date, he put everyone but african american. what's with that? he's open to dating everyone but black women? he can have his fill of asian and latin fetish, but black women--no? whatever. i blocked his ass, too.

that's right... i mean business and i don't need oprah, dr. phil or lifetime to serve as my compass. block on!!!