<$BlogRSDURL$>

6.12.2004


it's about time... 

the other mestizo boy, "o," finally kinda sorta asked me out. he writes:

"I've really enjoyed corresponding with you these last few weeks. You seem very smart and interesting and I want to ask if I can give you a call at some point? If you don't feel comfortable giving me your number, maybe we can meet up somewhere and hang out for a bit. Let me know what you think..."

well, shit. if he only knew about this blog. then, he'd know that i think it's about frickin' time! which should i do first? it's been over two weeks since we've been corresponding... so, i kind of feel like i should suggest hanging out over possibly entering into another two weeks of intermittent phone exchanges. he writes this "let's hang out or talk" suggestion at the end of his latest email, as if he were building up to it. now, i'm nervous. i'm more nervous than when i went out with mestizo #1... probably, because "o" sounds more interesting to me. but what if i meet him and i find out there's no chemistry? it was all electrical. we seemed to have e-chemistry versus actual chemistry.

i should go into all the random things that turned me off to guys. they're all pretty stupid, sometimes shallow, and oftentimes arbitrary. but, i think that's just the way love goes. i remember, i stopped liking a guy because he told me that he had a "moment" with his mother where they both heard soul asylum's "runaway train," and started crying together. a) that song was really annoying and lame. b) i thought, "what a sap. i can't date that!" and i wonder why i'm alone?

i need to think about what to do about "o." hmmmm...