<$BlogRSDURL$>

6.09.2004


note to self: WATCH the caller ID 

mestizo #1 calls me tonight. i got confused as to the number on my caller id. i thought it was a number of a friend of mine. it wasn't. it was him. i try to remain pleasant. he asks about when we should hang out again. i tell him i'm going on vacation. i really am, but i'm not going to be going out of town for two more weeks. i just make myself sound unavailable until the last week of june. who knows? hopefully, he'll find a new girlfriend by then and flake on me.

we talk. he tries to show how we have something in common, since i'm an educator:

"you know, one of the best things about my job is training people. but you know what... (this is where i had to try and brace myself for the onslaught of sheer boredom) you can teach someone any skill, but you can't teach integrity or a work ethic."

when trying to coax me to set up another date with him, he says:

"you know you're gonna have a good time."

me: huh? finishing up my work this week?"

"no. you and i hanging out."

yeah... sure... yeah. whatever you say. i loved it. it was much better than "cats." i'm going to see him again and again and again.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

the guy's a gemini/cancer cusp, but he reeks of uber virgo. i do like virgoes--don't get me wrong--but, i could never date them. my lack of skills in linearity and order would drive them up the wall. i told the guy that he sounded like a drill sergeant at boot camp.

he's leaving in three weeks to go to spain and run with the bulls. maybe, divine intervention will prevent me from having to squirm my way out of another date.