<$BlogRSDURL$>

6.08.2004


is it easier for women to "obtain" sex than women? 

I received the following email today(only an excerpt):


> when reading sexually explicit passages written by female authors. It's
> relatively hard for a man to obtain sex, whereas a woman can walk up to an
> man she wants (because he requires no special mood or circumstance) whenever
> she wants. So when a female author writes a sexually explicit passage, it's
> as if she says, "Ha ha, man, look at me, look at what I can do and you
> can't."

hmmm--as far as I know the guys I am friends with seem to be getting more action than I am.

Alternatively, all my close women friends love talking about sex--yet at the same time express some reservation and caution--unlike their male counterparts.

That's why this email puzzles me; everything in this mega patriarchy (otherwise known as planet earth) suggests to me that you can go any where IN THE WORLD as a man and have any sexual desire filled. Try doing that as a woman and see how far you can get.

I have just as strong a sexual drive as my partner (sometimes a little bit more)
yet, I feel that for him it's ok and actually sexy to talk about certain things regarding sexuality, whereas I always have to second guess myself when I bring up sex (not that I don't, hell I can talk about sex until the cows come home!!!!) I always wonder if I am going to be considered dirty, slutty or nasty.

Is sex easier for women to obtain than men? In our male dominated patriarchy?

NO.

Do some men feel threatened by a woman who can articulate her sexual needs and desires in elegant, lacy prose?

maybe.