<$BlogRSDURL$>

6.27.2004


What constitutes a physical relationship?  

what constitutes a physical relationship?

Moreover, is it possible for people to engage with each other physically?

I know friends who are in this situation where they don't have time for a deep romantic relatiionship; yet have that physical need to be with someone.

My thoughts on this is that there is nothing wrong in satisfying a craving, as long as both you and your partner are fully aware of the consequences. What gets messy is when one person expects more than the other person. The results can lead to moral breakdown and heartache.
The best way I see to enter into this type of situation is to be upfront and honest with your partner:

"Look I really like you, but I'm going through a serious time right now and cannot commit to anyone right now. What I do need is someone who can take care of my physical needs. Is this what you're looking for?"


Thoughts ?