<$BlogRSDURL$>

6.03.2004


bruising cyber-egos... 

i think the world of online dating is very flaky. i, for one, know that i can drop electronic correspondence very easily. i think it's because there's that lack of accountability that you have when corresponding with a complete stranger. so today, is the first time that someone actually commented on the whole finicky nature of online dating. i get this message:

subject: that was a short-lived friendship

I'm assuming you got my second e-mail. take care, (insert my real name).

"I ate infinity in my attempts to live forever, but ended up regurgitating because it was not yet my time."


ouch! he even took a jab at my username. regurgitating? he last emailed me a week ago. then, memorial weekend happened--i was busy! i was going to write him back... now, i don't know if i should. the guy is four years younger than me, too. he seems smart and mature (he's a chomsky reader... yeah, that doesn't mean that much, but it's impressive for a 24-year old), but i don't know if i could date someone that much younger. i'm no demi moore.

meanwhile, some other guy from match winks at me. because i don't have a paid account, i figured, "what the hell. i'll wink back, maybe he'll be smart enough to give me his email." as a result, i get, "i know this is super, super forward, but do you want to go with me to see krs-one and immortal technique at the el rey?" he sold it like a used car, "if you like black star, you'll love immortal technique."

my self-preservation side says, "you crazy? do you even know this guy?" the other wild child says, "shit. a free show?"

hmmm... decisions. decisions.