<$BlogRSDURL$>

3.09.2004


THE WINKS 

OK so the new dating portal, Match.com, has a feature where you can 'wink' at someone for free, basically you tell Match.com to send them a message telling them that you are interested in them. However, to send an email, to set up a chat, you have to pay some money. The dilemma is this, what happens if you do not want to pay the $24.95 per month just to talk to someone?

Last week I winked at "CR" and he winked back. Great! Now what?
Then I realized--to take the next step he or I would have to pay to start a conversation

Pay? Since when do you have to pay to talk to someone?

Like many times in life, though, with the help of infinity we found a loophole: Try the Match.com features for free for three days. Three days. that would give me enough time to
send whatever emails I needed to with my email address.

So I closed my eyes, took a deep breath and made the plunge----

I sent him a friendly email talking about a country we had in common, gave him my REAL email adress and went on with my daily business.

Later on that evening while I was checking my email I get a message: "Hi There!" Equally friendly as my inital email; he liked my name, thought it was "cool"
and started talking about his time spent in that country.

I wrote back, fighting the urge to ask a 1001 questions, making it conversational.

Will he write back?